Home automation can turn your home into the smartest home on the block. Not only will it be smarter, it will also be safer, and even make life easier for you!
You have so many options with home automation. You control the whole house from your tablet or cell phone, with the app that you can easily download. The power to control your home is in the palm of your hand. It is home automation with the ability to control multiple systems, all from one application.
With WAV&S home automation, you can control these features of your home:
- Let there be light: You can turn the lights on or off with the click of a button on your control panel (or tablet app) but you can also set the lights on a timer, dim the lights, or set them to come on in the morning to wake you up! Lighting options are way more than just an on or off switch.
- Surround sound can be taken to a whole new level! By being able to control the audio (or stereo sound) in multiple rooms of your home, you can have the same music flowing all over the house. You can turn off certain rooms, or use your home automation system to play the music throughout the house.
- The best energy efficiency is from an automated home. Save on energy costs by controlling the heat and the air with the click of a button. Set up timers so that the air or heat comes on when you need it to. There’s no need to run the heat or ac systems at the optimum temperature while no one is there. Just start them up when you are on your way home, from your phone app! Warm your home up, or cool it down, before you even get there by setting your heat or air on the perfect temperature, through the home automation settings.
- Stay safe with home automation security cameras and motion detectors. You can watch the security cameras from your phone or tablet, and get alerts when the security cameras are set on motion. If the motion in the camera is triggered, you can get an alert on your cell phone or see a pop up window from the app. Your home automation system cameras can also record and playback footage if needed. Digital video footage can also be downloaded if it needs to be saved.
- See who’s coming to your home, with door cameras. These come in handy for people who work from home, or people who don’t want to be bothered during certain hours of the day. You can see who is at the door without even getting up, by using the camera at the door, and watching it on your app. There’s no need to answer the door for that salesman…You can tell them that you’re busy right from your tablet’s microphone or your cell phone.
These are a few of the options that users of home automation really find to be their favorites. If your favorite automation option isn’t seen above, call us and ask about our home automation options. We have a lot of choices for home owners.
A typical day in the life of most families is nonstop hustle and bustle. Sometimes it seems like there aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. There aren’t many spare hours in the day with a busy family.
Most of us are thrilled to discover something, no matter how big or small, to make life easier and more convenient. Home automation is one of those things that can instantly make your life simpler and considerably more convenient.
The security experts at WAVES start by listening to what you want and moving forward from there. Your home automation system will be custom built based on your specific needs.
Home automation will help you:
- Link all your systems through a smart-phone or computer
- Provide security
- Save money
- Keep track of when your kids come and go
There’s almost no end to what can be linked through a home automation system. One of the major goals that we focus on is how to improve your quality of life or just help you find some time to relax!
Imagine this: You sit down to watch a movie that’s been on your DVR for a few weeks. Instead of hunting around for two or three remotes (which are probably buried in the couch) to turn everything on, it’s all linked through the tablet on your lap. Just as the movie starts, the doorbell rings. Instead of pausing the movie to get up and see who it is, one touch on your tablet activates your doorbell camera so you can see if it’s someone you really want to talk to. When the opening credits are finished, your husband shouts from upstairs and asks you to close the garage door he left open. Another simple touch on the tablet takes care of that. Now it’s time to enjoy the movie!
A custom home automation system from WAVES can link the following:
- Interior and exterior cameras
- Thermostat controls which will help keep heating and cooling bills under control
- Entertainment systems
- Indoor and outdoor Lighting
- Smart locks
- Security systems
- Garage doors
The first step is to call WAVES for a consultation and walk-through of your home. Once your needs are identified, our professionals will build a home automation system for your family that will give you peace of mind, help your wallet and make life a whole lot more convenient.
Are you ready to renovate your home with modern technology, like something out of a science-fiction film? Then a home automation system is for you, an exploding market of syncing devices straight from the future. Only, it’s already here!
Home automation is the idea that utilities, security, and services are controlled automatically and wirelessly. They operate on “smart” data, meaning each device transmits information about its status, adapting and changing. In this article, we’re specifically looking at automated lighting and why you’ll find it interesting.
Why Home Automated System Lighting
Before anyone dives into some brand-new tech, there’s normally a big question: why? It’s fancy, no doubt, but it’s got to do a little more than that.
There are a series of different benefits home automated system lighting can offer. For one, once linked with its smartphone app, a person has access to complete monitoring. You’ll get an idea of total wattage use, what lights are on, and even configure schedules!
Let’s examine this further. Depending on the types of lamps, devices, and app you have, all sorts of possibilities open. Smart lights can turn on (and off) based on motion, such as walking through a hallway at night or by opening a door.
The intensity of lights can also be adjusted from the phone app, great for dimming or brightness. They can also be modified per room – on or off – right from the comfort of your smartphone.
These sensors and schedules have the added bonus of saving money. Say you’re trying to cut down on the electric bill, so you’ve installed some smart-devices to monitor usage. Thanks to the integration of machine and app, you can – again – see wattage used and make decisions to reduce light usage.
Combined with smart LED bulbs, and you’ll have a home of the future that also makes your wallet a little happier.
Installing Automated Lights
While we don’t have enough time to get into the hard grit of full home automation system installation, you can rest assured knowing that installing automated lights is quite simple.
However, what types of lights and systems you get will vary from vendor to vendor. There are all sorts of home packages. For example, “smart bulbs” come in packages where the app directly controls the bulb.
This is, though, the key idea. Expenses depend on the seller, but you’re essentially purchasing a smart-light system which has its own app and software. These smart systems can connect wirelessly to your router and operate from there, giving you the freedom to change them at will.
There are numerous other automated systems you can integrate into your home, without any serious renovations. But, smart lights are among the easiest to integrate and offer a plethora of features and benefits. A home is unique, so why not add an extra level of character with customized light options?
If you need assistance, our specialized installation services can get you on the right track, fast!